If you know anything about pressed juices, you probably know 2 things. One, that they taste amazing and two, they can be pretty expensive. The shenanigans started when my sister and roommate Lulu were thinking about trying out a 3-day ‘celebrity’ juice cleanse. I thought to myself, it will probably make more sense long-term, to invest in an actual juicer.
I wanted a juicer that would make the most out of the ingredients and lead to minimal waste but one that would also make my wallet happy. So I did some research then I sent my sister Kat on a Target run.
Got the juicer and decided to get to work. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Fuji apple
- 1/2 Cucumber (4 inches)
- a little over 2 cups Kale
- Dash of Cayenne pepper (optional)
The juicer is super simple to use! My recommendation is to cut up your ingredients into reasonably sized pieces so it makes it easier on the juicer. (I cut up my apple slices a bit more than shown above.)
Add some ice and voila! You have approximately 2 whole cups of refreshing goodness!
Benefits of pressed juice
- Provides anti-imflammatory compounds to boost the immune system
- Improves digestion and gut health by introducing healthy enzymes
- Easier way to increase consumption of fruits & veggies your body needs
Disadvantages of pressed juice
- Fiber that comes from veggies & fruit are lost in the pulp.
- It’s highly concentrated. It’s important to outweigh fruit with veggies due to the sugar content fruit contains.
- Prepping produce & cleaning up can take time.